Welcome to Temple Bet Yam’s Religious School
RELIGIOUS SCHOOL CHAIR: BARBARA CARMAN
The mission of Temple Bet Yam’s religious school is to help our children develop a positive Jewish identity based on a knowledge of Jewish culture, tradition, and religion so they can actively participate in Jewish life in the community, synagogue, and their homes.
Our vision is that our children will…
- apply Jewish rituals, traditions and values to their own lives as they continue to grow wherever life takes them.
- understand that being Jewish requires a lifelong openness to spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social growth.
- develop an ever-evolving understanding and relationship with God.
- understand the need for tikkun olam, repairing the world, through tzedakah, (charity), gemilut hasadim (acts of lovingkindness) and acts of social justice.
- commitment to being part of a Jewish future by helping to sustain the local, national and international Jewish community.
|Who We Are||Bar/Bat Mitzvah Studies|
|Temple Bet Yam welcomes all students ages kingergarden through Bar/Bat Mitzvah to join us as we learn about Jewish holidays, history and a variety of Jewish customs and traditions. We have morning Teflia each time we meet and also offer Hebrew reading and writing instruction in all of our classes.||Preparation for Bar/Bat Mitzvah begins in the Gimel Class, which is 5th-8th grade. In addition, we also have a Pre Bar/Bat Mitzvah Hebrew Class on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-6pm for our students.|
Come Join Us
We meet most Sundays from 9am to noon.
For additional information please call (904) 819-1875 or email email@example.com.
Terry E. Cohen, Lead Teacher Barbara “Bobbi” Carman
Children’s Service Yom Kippur 2018
Having fun in our Sukkah.
“Rejoicing with the Torah.”
Story Time — Telling the Weekly Parashah